Saturday 15 January 2011

tickets, bills, bags...



This is all the random paper info, price tickets and gift cards I collected while in
New York... and yes I bought a Glee tee! There was a lot of stuff from American
Eagle, they were selling Help Haiti tee's, giving out paper sheets with special discounts
with your purchase and had a few different gift cards. I also got gift cards from GAP,
Macy's and Dunking Doghnuts when I tried to take some from Victoria's Secrets they
wouldn't let me- the cheek! Even when I explained I was studying fashion, so all
I got from them was a horrible SALE bag. Well and some bargains in the sale.

Personally I think the Uniqlo label is really boring and plain though I suppose their
clothes are basics. I really like the American Eagle price tickets as they were really
clear and simple but still conveyed the brand identity. Overall it was
probably my favourite shop and I wish they'd bring it over to England.


To be honest the most repeated activity while in New York was shopping. 
There were literally daily purchases... to many to count I'm ashamed to say although
I love everything I bought and cannot wait to wear it all and think of NYC BABY! 
And while I'm on the subject... retail heaven it's not like England where they shove
everything into a dingy sterile expanse of space, no the Americans actually think
about our (the consumers) shopping experience. From there being space to move to
quite frankly heaven like changing rooms compared to over here in the UK. My favourite
was Aerie in American Eagle, the Times Square store had beautiful curtains and a chest 
of drawer and lamp in the changing room. I felt like I was back at home not in a store 
and needless to say I bought a few things from them... well they need rewarding for 
treating their costumers s well.


[Photos by moi, no copying, editing, using or re-distributing without permission, thanks]

1 comment:

  1. I love love love collections like this, I have something similar in a blogpost of mine about my scrapbook! Just little bits of paper and cardboard that hold so many memories... fab! Sounds like you had a great time in New York

    http://velvetskulls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete