Tuesday 4 January 2011

packed & waiting...


So the packing is done, and now I'm waiting to get the coach to Heathrow.
Needless to say I won't look nearly as glamourous lugging my suitcase along
and I had to leave room for purchases so I have been very strict on 
myself and done outfits for each day. Land of Sex and the City, where everyone goes
shopping for Manolo's on their lunch break and Dior dresses are only a credit card
swipe away... here I come!


For my 18th Birthday my mum took me to New York for two weeks so I feel
like I'm going back to visit an old friend... that is the friend thats retail heaven.
Oh and Starbucks, definitely the New York staple with one on virtually every street corner
a hot chocolate will always be just a stroll away.

We're only going to be there for 5 days and I think it's going to fly by,
so much to do in so little time! For uni, yes I'm going to work not just shop,
 I have to look at American stores which are similar to Whistles, so plenty
of excuses to look at gorgeous clothes! This means I'll be looking at everything
about the brands and their stores from window displays, to instore environment to
advertising. They do everything so differently there and the flagship stores are incredible.
Going into a shop in America is amazing, going into a department store is like going into
another world, Bergdorfs, Bloomingdales, Barneys what could be better. Floor upon
floor of the most beautiful clothes and the interiors reminds me of a hotel... and
a really expensive one at that. Designed to entice you in and spend your money
they certainly manage that... now how to extend my overdraft?




[Photo Tim Walker]

No comments:

Post a Comment